What Do You Look for in Your Wedding DJ?posted on: March 28, 2014
Finding the right wedding DJ can be challenging. Let’s take a look at a few things you should keep in mind in your search for a disc jockey!
1) Selection of Music – You will have a diverse age range of guests with different tastes in music, so you will need a large selection to choose from. Select from 30,000 song titles from Big Band, Oldies, Classic Rock, Disco, Top 40, International Wedding Music, Country and more! Our music library is constantly updated every month to ensure that we have the most current hits in all music formats. All of our “newer dance hits” are edited for explicit language and we only play the “edited radio version or clean version of the song. You can pick the songs you like or the ones that you think your friends and family might like from our “Most Requested Songs”. You can even create a “Do Not Play List” if there are any particular songs or types of music that you prefer to not have played. Your DJ will use your customized music play list as well as their skills to read and work the crowd to keep your guests on the dance floor. Your guests are welcome to make requests during the reception and your DJ will play as many as possible in the allotted time frame. This will help to insure the success of your dream wedding celebration and keep your dance floor full and your guests having fun by playing what you and your guests like to hear. Not The DJ!
2) Experience – You need a DJ who has worked with other wedding professionals to know what is needed, when it is needed. You need a DJ that can co-ordinate the timing of events with the photographer, caterer and you. Soundwaves Entertainers are Experienced Music Professionals. They program the right music at the right time to keep your guests on the dance floor! Your DJ will also help co-ordinate the timing of the reception events with the caterer, photographer, and you to ensure that your reception flows smoothly. All of Soundwaves full time DJ’s have a minimum of 10 years wedding experience and most have prior radio, television or communications experience. Over 80% of our Business is Backed By Referrals from previous clients. Customer Satisfaction is of our utmost priority. We are also on the preferred list of vendors for some of the top tier venues in the area. They only refer clients to us and recommend our services because they know that we provide an exceptional level of service to each and every one of our clients!
3) Equipment – You want a professional looking display to compliment your wedding day. Each of our Six Digital DJ Systems are mounted in attractive cases that look appealing to the eye when set up. Weekly maintenance of each system insures proper functioning at every event. We also have a complete back up system and back up music library on site at every event in case of the unlikely event of electronic failure. (This is a very important question to ask any DJ that you might consider). In the digital age there are a lot of DJ’s using laptops with no back up system in place. If their hard drive crashes and they don’t have a back up your reception is over!
4) Consultation – Our staff will take the time to meet with you about your special needs and to answer any questions you might have regarding your reception planning. We also provide the opportunity for you to meet with the actual DJ that will be doing your reception prior to booking your date. Another appointment (Final Consultation) is normally scheduled with your DJ about 4-6 weeks before your date to go over music selection, proper pronunciation of bridal party names and the itinerary or timeline for your reception. Please Call us or email us to schedule your free no-obligation wedding consultation today!
5) Cost – Don’t shop around for the lowest price DJ. You get what you pay for and this is not the time to take a chance that you will be sorry when it’s over. Don’t base your decision on price alone! We pride ourselves on being the most professional and affordable DJ service in the area. You may find another service that is cheaper but you will not get the same quality, reliability, and attention to detail and professionalism that you get with Soundwaves. Customer satisfaction is our main priority. DJ’s can make or break your reception. You want a DJ to make your day memorable, not an embarrassment. There is no extra charge for set-up or tear down of equipment. Everything is included in one Event Price.
6) Contract – Protect yourself against the possibility of a disc jockey canceling a week before your wedding. After we accept a job, we never cancel. Soundwaves Entertainment is a Registered P.A. business carrying Full Liability and property damage Insurance for all events and venues. We can even provide a certificate of insurance for your venue if they require it.
7) Payment Plan – We offer a payment plan so you can book your date and pay your balance over time. Most of our clients prefer this option so they can have their account paid in full before their big day and have money left for their honeymoon. Once the initial deposit is paid, you can make payments at any time prior to your event date. I will mail you a receipt for each payment made on your account. Think of it as putting your DJ on layaway. We accept personal checks, debit cards and MasterCard, Visa and Discover for your convenience!
8) Ceremony Music – Soundwaves can provide traditional or non-traditional wedding music for your ceremony as well as reception. If your ceremony is outdoors or in a separate room or location from your reception we will set up our main DJ system in the reception hall and use a smaller, compact sound system with two wireless mics (lapel mics, handheld mics or a combination of each) for the groom and ceremony officiate so that your guests will be able to hear your wedding vows during the service. The use of 2 sound systems will eliminate the need to relocate equipment during your event. If your ceremony is the same room as the reception or is within a minimal distance we can utilize our main system for both the ceremony and reception. If you already have ‘live music” or if you will be having a “Reading” or “Vocalist” during your ceremony we can also provide a PA/ sound system with microphones and mic stands. If your ceremony site does not have power, we can provide our own portable electric generator for an additional nominal fee.
9) When to Book – It is recommended to book your date as early as possible. Most of our wedding clients book at least 9-12 months or more in advance to secure their date of choice. Our busiest months are May, June, September, October, and December. During these months we get many requests for dates for Proms, Graduation Parties, Homecoming Dances, Halloween, and Christmas Parties as well as weddings. If your date is within any of the above months, it is best to reserve your date 12-15 months in advance!
10) Discounted Rates – We offer discounts for Friday and Sunday wedding receptions as well as an early event discount for Saturday receptions ending by 4 pm. We also offer a $100.00 discount off of our regular price if your date is in January, February, March, April, November or December! See our Wedding Packages for package pricing and additional Discounts.
11) Special Features –
A. Wireless mic’s for the Blessing and the Best Man & Maid/ Matron of honor Toast(s)
B. Interactive dances to ensure a good time will be had by all your guests! (Optional)
C. Computer music library database for quick location of requests.
D. Free light show with every booking your choice of either colored lights or white lights depending upon your preference (Light Package is Optional)
E. DJs formally dressed in tuxedos (standard) unless otherwise requested.
F. Back-up DJs, back up transportation and Back up gear on-site for your peace of mind!
G. Complete Music Customization (You select the type of music you prefer)!
H. Final consultation to confirm music selection 4-6 weeks before your wedding date.
I. Online wedding planner so you can change your song requests and event details anytime
12) Helpful Planning Information – Find some helpful information as far as planning advice on songs, venues and vendors below!
Soundwaves Entertainment has been one of York, PA’s most requested Wedding DJ services for over 25 years. We’ve DJ’d at nearly every venue in the area and have experienced DJs for all ages! If you need help with your event or are looking for an affordable DJ service that will guarantee a great time for your guests, please contact us today!